A CONTROVERSIAL plan to build 110 homes in Selsey looks set to be approved by Chichester District Council.
The council’s planning officers has recommended the planning committee approves the scheme when it meets next Wednesday.
In the council’s documents, the officers said that earlier this year the Planning Inspectorate deemed the site an acceptable location for a build of 100 homes.
The document said: “Your officers are now satisfied that in planning terms the grounds with which the inspector found fault have been satisfactorily addressed and the proposals are acceptable.
“The development will deliver much-needed housing including affordable housing.
“Officers are recommending approval on the basis that the site is sustainably located, has now addressed the inspector’s primary concerns, is cited in the draft neighbourhood plan as a potential site for housing and has no highway or access objection.”
The developer is obligated to provide a contribution to the community as part of the permission agreement if approved. This includes the provision of open space on site and 40 per cent affordable housing, £193,490 for housing community facilities, £88,447 for sport and leisure and £39,033 for public art.
It has also been asked to provide measures to support Pagham Harbour’s Special Protection Area, a perimeter dog walking route, £48,000 for projects agreed with Natural England and RSPB and a £48,644 NHS contribution.
The developer would also contribute £217,632 for primary education, £22,998 for libraries, a total access demand of £222,950 and £2,174 for fire and rescue, plus four fire hydrants.