MORE than £9,000 has been awarded to five community projects in the Chichester area.
The grants were approved by West Sussex County Council’s south Chichester county local committee and were awarded to:
- The Chichester Society – £400 for commissioning a restorative survey for murals by a specialist company
- Sidlesham Parish Council – £554 for a jubilee village sign
- Cancerwise – £2,361 towards itemised equipment costs and fundraising materials
- Chichester Bowmen – £2,500 towards archery equipment and a pop-up gazebo
- Lavant Community Shop – £3,240 towards itemised early-stage costs for the community shop project
Committee chairman Cllr Mike Hall said: “Over the years, we have been delighted to be able to help many local projects through using the community initiative fund, it’s a fantastic scheme and we look forward to being able to help more organisations over the coming year.”
The committee has more than £13,000 left to allocate during the 2012/13 financial year.
For more information to apply, visit www.westsussex.gov.uk