Man ‘stabbed’ in Bognor Regis

editorial image

A 26-year-old man was taken to hospital after he suffered a stab wound to his back in Bognor Regis, police have confirmed.

Police have said they were called to Canada Grove, just before 2.30am on Friday (January 6), following reports that a man had been stabbed.

A man from Lancing was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton with a wound to his back and facial injuries caused by a blow, Sussex Police has confirmed. He was discharged later that same day.

A police spokesperson has said: “Enquiries are on-going to establish the circumstances of this incident but anyone who was in the area at the time and may have relevant information is asked to email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk or call 101 quoting serial 75 of 06/01.

“Alternatively information can be passed to the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 (www.crimestoppers-uk.org) or reported online at: https://sussex.police.uk/contact-us/response-to-appeal/”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bognor.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BognorRegisObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BogObserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bognor Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.