Fire at Church Norton thatched cottage


FIREFIGHTERS have rushed to a home in Church Norton after a fire started in the kitchen.

The thatched cottage, in Rectory Lane, has survived the fire, after fire crews managed to contain the flames in the kitchen.

Two fire crews from Chichester and two from Bognor Regis attended the scene.

They were called at 12.48pm today (April 8).

A spokeswoman for the fire brigade said the fire had now been extinguished and the home was now being ventilated to clear the smoke.

One man has received treatment for smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire was not yet revealed, but it has been confirmed as accidental ignition.