Fridge-freezer fire in Selsey sparks warning from services

editorial image
0
Have your say

Fire crews were called out today after a fridge-freezer started a small blaze in a Selsey property.

Appliances from Chichester and Selsey attended the bungalow in Allandale Close at 11.38am where they extinguished the fire using two hose reels.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue has confirmed that the fire was of an accidental origin.

Crews have been out in Selsey today to raise awareness of the dangers of faulty electrical appliances.

A spokesperson said: “It is important that the public have their appliances regularly serviced and maintained and that they have smoke detectors installed within their property to alert them at the earliest time of any fire.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.