DCSIMG

Inquiry date set for Hambrook home appeal

PROPOSALS to build 30 new homes in Hambrook are back on the table.

Developer Akehurst Epps Ltd has appealed the decision by Chichester District Council to refuse the 30-home plan earlier this year.

The houses were set to be constructed on Wakeford Field, west of Broad Road.

There will be a planning inquiry at the Chichester District Council headquarters at East Pallant House, in Chichester, at 10am on Wednesday, June 11.

The planning committee at the district council threw out the application in March this year.

At the time, chairman of Chidham and Hambrook Parish Council, Cliff Archer, said the parish was ‘under siege’.

He said: “It is on a greenfield site, it is in a rural area and it threatens to join together the surrounding developments. What more reason could you want to object to this proposal?”

Officers at the district council had recommended the scheme for approval when it came before the committee, however residents objected and the matter was resolved when one of the councillors said the plan was contrary to the council’s planning policy and proposed it was refused.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page