DCSIMG

UPDATE: Man suffers burns in Chichester dentist

jpos

jpos

A MAN was taken to hospital after suffering burns in the reception area of a Chichester dentist.

Emergency services attended the surgery in Little London at 3.33pm on Monday, January 27.

The man, who was walking and talking, was taken to St Richard’s Hospital in Chichester for treatment.

It is understood that the incident may have involved a can of cigarette lighter fluid, but the exact circumstances of how a fire came to be ignited have not yet been established.

The fire was small and short-lived and was confined to the man’s clothing.

Witnesses at the scene reported that the man appeared to set himself on fire deliberately.

However the man has since been transferred to the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead and is in a critical condition.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page