THIS week, the Observer will be taking another look at the proposed transit travellers’ site in Westhampnett.
Following last week’s public exhibition, a number of people gave their take afterwards on what they had seen.
The planned site would home nine pitches, enabling police powers to move on illegal encampments throughout the county.
If it gets planning permission, the site could be operational by the end of March, 2015.
However Westhampnett residents have opposed the plan, citing a lack of time to have their say on the designs and contesting the statement that it is the only possible site in the county for a transit travellers’ site.
See tomorrow’s Observer (February 13) for a behind the headlines feature on the site.
Watch the video for the full interviews with:
- Chief executive of Chichester District Council Diane Shepherd
- West Sussex county councillor Jeremy Hunt
- Former West Sussex county councillor Mike Hall
- Chichester district councillor Andrew Smith
- Resident Brian Parker
- Chairman of Westhampnett Parish Council Bob Holman
- Vice-chairman of Westhampnett Parish Council Bill Harding
- Chichester District Council cabinet member Carol Purnell