Man hospitalised after fight at Glorious Goodwood

An appeal for witnesses has been made
An appeal for witnesses has been made

A MAN suffered a serious head injury and a broken ankle after he was punched to the ground at Goodwood Racecourse, police said.

A 35-year-old man was taken to St Richard’s Hospital after being struck in the Lennox Stand at around 5.30pm on Friday (July 31), during the Qatar Goodwood Festival.

Sussex Police said a 25-year-old man from Portsmouth was arrested on suspicion of GBH and had been released on bail until October 3.

An appeal has been launched for witnesses who may have seen a fight.

Detective constable Gaye Moore said: “The incident occurred in a very busy area of the stand and it is believed that there may be many witnesses.

“We would like to hear from anyone that may have seen the assault or events leading up to it.”

People with information can email 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk or call 101, quoting reference 516 of 31/07.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.