A CONTROVERSIAL application for 50 homes, deferred last month, is set to be considered by councillors again next week.
The application for the land north east of Beech Avenue, Bracklesham Bay, was deferred by members of Chichester District Council’s development management committee (south) on December 5.
Councillors wanted more information on the impact of the development on flooding in the area.
In an amended report, officers have included a flood risk report, within a 500m buffer of the site, details on proposed water runoff storage and details on the potential impact of surface water on the foul drainage system.
The report also includes emails from the Environment Agency on recent flooding.
It said the development would ‘not have an adverse effect’ and there would be ‘no change’ to flood risk to the surrounding area.
Dozens of objectors attended the last planning meeting and parish councils in the area have strongly objected to the scheme.
East Wittering and Bracklesham Parish Council said there was ‘no justification’ for building on the site.
Members will discuss the application at a meeting of the area development management committee (south) from 10am on Wednesday (January 9). The meeting will be held in the council chamber of East Pallant House.