Rat poison sandwich planted on Bosham path

Judy Peeters with her pet dog Rusty walking down the lane 'where a poisoned sandwich was left.'''C120107-1 Chi Poison  Photo  Louise Adams
Judy Peeters with her pet dog Rusty walking down the lane 'where a poisoned sandwich was left.'''C120107-1 Chi Poison Photo Louise Adams

THE owner of a dog which nearly died after eating a rat poison sandwich in Bosham wants to warn others about what happened.

Judy Peeters would not usually be so horrified to find her dog eating a freshly made sandwich but she was gobsmacked when she saw was what was inside.

The sandwich had been buttered, neatly cut into four pieces, filled with rat poison and left on a public footpath.

By the time Rusty had been told to leave it, it was too late as she had already eaten three quarters of it.

“It was fresh white bread, it was incredible. It was lucky I recognised the rat poison,” said Mrs Peeters, 72.

The incident happened when she was walking her dog along a footpath behind her home in The Holdens on Friday.

“I have spoken to a lot of dog owners so they are aware and watch out for it,” she said.