TRAFFIC delays are expected ahead of this year’s Chichester 10k Road Race on Sunday (February 9).
Organisers have apologised in advance for ‘inevitable traffic delays’, but said they were likely to be less than an hour.
The event takes place on Sunday and problems are likely to be centred in the north-east quadrant of the city, especially around Oaklands Way, Northgate roundabout, College Lane, Summersdale Road, Westhampnett roundabout, East Lavant village, the Lavant Road and Broyle Road.
Additional no-parking measures will be in place in East Lavant.
Access to Chichester Festival Theatre’s car park will be restricted until 12.30pm with no entrance or exit from 10.15am-10.35am and only the Oaklands Way entrance and exit in use for up to two hours after that.
The potential congestion points and times are:
- Northgate roundabout and the eastern section of Oaklands Way, seriously affected, 10.25am-10.35am.
- College Lane, closed, Wellington Road and Summersdale, restrictions, 10am-10.40am.
- Spitalfield Lane, limited access eastbound, 10.25am-10.35am.
- New Road, closed to the junction with East Lavant, 10.40am-11.20am.
- New this year is the closure of lengths of road in The Avenue and The Drive. From 10.45am to about midday there will be no access or exit from these roads.
Spectators are welcome along the route. The race starts at 10.30am.