Woman taken to hospital after Chichester house fire

A pensioner had to be taken to hospital after a fire broke out at her house on Satuday, June 4.

Firefighters were called to the property in Parklands Road at just before 9.25am after a fire started in her kitchen.

The woman was taken to St Richard’s Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

The room was severely damaged by the fire and the rest of the property received heat and smoke damage.

A special camera was used to search for any remaining hot spots and a special fan was used to ventilate the house.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was caused as a result of accidental ignition.