Izale McLeod looks set to leave Pompey in the January transfer window.
The News understands the Blues’ top scorer will be on his way from Fratton Park in the new year.
MK Dons are among the sides keen on securing the striker’s services.
But Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio has ruled out a move for the 28-year-old.
The Robins have been linked with the forward who has hit 11 goals this season.
But Di Canio has doubts whether the former Derby man fits into his team’s style of play.
‘He is a modern striker who is strong, and he was one of the few players we thought of in the past,’ said Di Canio.
‘But in the way we play we need a sense of sacrifice, because our strikers are our first defenders. I don’t know McLeod, and in the end I said my team works so hard and he is not an option now.’
McLeod was left on the bench for the Boxing Day defeat against Crawley.
However, caretaker boss Guy Whittingham insisted that was a tactical decision.
A move to Milton Keynes is likely to appeal to McLeod.
He previously spent three years with the League One promotion-chasers and still lives in the area.
Pompey’s contracted players will be free to walk away in January when their month-to-month deals come to a close.
Whittingham has not been told by McLeod he will be leaving, but admitted he expects there to be plenty of interest in the strikers’ services when his contract expires on January 16.
Meanwhile, the double departure of Jack Compton and Josh Thompson to Colchester has been confirmed. The pair will sign for the U’s on January 1.
n A pitch inspection was being held at Fratton Park at 8am this morning to determined whether today’s game with Yeovil would go ahead.
Log on to portsmouth.co.uk to find out the latest.