Recipe for vegan chocolate tiffin the whole family enjoy
This granola tiffin is fast to make and doesn't use biscuits.
It is packed full of dried fruits and berries, this is a sweet treat for all the family – and you can even personalise yours by adding some of your favourite nuts and other dried fruits to the mix.
Perfect for back to school lunchboxes or a mid-afternoon pick-me-up snack, this delicious chocolatey treat will have you coming back for more.
Treat Time Vegan Chocolate Tiffin
Made with Lizi’s Organic Granola, this granola tiffin is even faster to make, as there are no biscuits to crush. Packed full of dried fruits and berries, this is a sweet treat for all the family – and you can even personalise yours by adding some of your favourite nuts and other dried fruits to the mix.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE 16 SQUARES
100g dairy free margarine
25g coconut sugar
3 tbsp vegan cocoa
3 tbsp agave nectar or golden syrup
325g Lizi’s Organic Granola
100g of dried fruits, cherries, blueberries, cranberries and raisins
225g vegan chocolate, melted
¼ teaspoon of vegetable oil
1. Line a deep tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Put the margarine, coconut sugar, cocoa and agave nectar/golden syrup into a pan and heat until melted down.
3. Add Lizi’s Organic Granola and the dried fruits.
4. Scrape into the lined tin and press down gently to mould.
5. Put into the fridge for at least two hours to set.
6. Melt down the 225g vegan chocolate, adding ¼ teaspoon of vegetable oil. Pour on top of the set tiffin and smooth over.
7. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
8. Store the squares in the fridge as it softens quickly at room temperature. Enjoy!
Lizi’s Organic Granola: RRP £4.99 for 400g, available from Waitrose and Ocado.
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the most rigorous standards in the world. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. So we need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.
Stay safe, and best wishes.