BUSINESS and enterprise minister Mark Prisk praised Rolls-Royce’s workforce as ‘world-class’ during a visit to formally open its extension.
The £10m investment into additional production facilities at the Goodwood site comes as the company has enjoyed record-breaking sales.
He was joined by company chief executive officer Torsten Muller-Otvos in marking its achievements at an opening ceremony on Monday which included a guided tour.
The minister said the firm’s 900-strong workforce, many of whom had gathered for the event, ‘should be proud of its work’.
It has already exceeded last year’s production total of more than 2,700 vehicles across its Phantom and Ghost models, which continue to thrive.
Mr Prisk said: “It has been really encouraging to see something that’s world-beating being produced here and it’s something that people here should take real pride and encouragement from.
“It’s been great to meet some of the apprentices and their enthusiasm is crucial.
“Having skills, trades or a craft such as this is important for our future in building skills-training programmes and it is great to see the work that’s being done here across the business.”
Speaking at the launch of the expanded site, Chichester mayor Tony French said he was “delighted” with the progress being made by the company and its young base of employees.