UPDATE: Man charged with possessing weapons at Gatwick Airport remanded in custody
Jerome Chauris, 41, of no fixed address, appeared at Crawley Magistrates’ Court this morning (Monday November 16) on two charges of possessing weapons at Gatwick Airport’s North Terminal on Saturday (November 14).
He is accused of possessing an air rifle and a knife blade in a public place.
Gatwick’s North Terminal was in lockdown for several hours following the terrorist attacks in Paris.
He has been remanded in custody to appear at Lewes Crown Court on December 14.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.crawleyobserver.co.uk
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/crawleyobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Crawley_Obby
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Crawley Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.