Unattended cooking led to firefighters being called to a house at Peerley Close, East Wittering, yesterday (Monday November 23).
The fire crew found the fire out on arrival after being called at 8.20pm and they helped an elderly man get out of the smoke logged house.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check the house and there were no further signs of fire.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.