At least 20 firefighters spent more than 12 hours at the scene of a blaze at a furniture store in Southbourne after it broke out on Friday night.
The blaze at Morgan Furniture Ltd in Clovelly Road, Southbourne, West Sussex started in the roof of the warehouse at 10.10pm on Friday night.
Crews from Chichester, Bognor, Emsworth, Southsea, Cosham and two crews from Havant attended the fire, which destroyed 70 percent of the boiler roof.
Firefighters used arial ladder platforms, breathing apparatus, high pressure lance pumps and hose reel jets to tackle the fire through the night.
Breathing apparatus was used until 9am, with all crews stood down at around 12.30pm on Saturday, a spokesperson for West Sussex Fire and Rescue confirmed.
The fire is believed to have started accidentally, the fire spokesperson added.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.