A MOTHER has paid tribute to her ‘loving and caring’ son who died after being electrocuted at a factory near Chichester.
Bradley Watts, 21, of Manningtree, Essex, died in June 2011, when he was working as a contractor for Natures Way Foods.
Mandy Watts paid tribute to Bradley at inquest into his death, which is being held at Edes House in Chichester.
“We are a small but very close family and Bradley will be thought about every day.
“Words will never express the pain a mother feels at the death of her son.
“I will never see him get married or start a family.
“Our family has been shattered by Bradley’s death and a link in our family chain has been broken.”
Mrs Watts said she was ‘deeply upset and hurt that no-one came forward to ‘take responsibility for what happened or even apologise’ after the death of her son.
Bradley was working for his uncle’s company, Mistley Insulation Services, at the time of his death. The company was subcontracted by Danston Technical Services, which was working for Natures Way.
Giving evidence, Bradley’s uncle, also called Bradley Watts, said: “He was finishing off the insulation on the pipework using hand scissors, paint and a tape measure. He was working in the roof.”
He said Bradley would have had ‘absolutely nothing at all’ to do with electricity and was only using hand tools.
CEO of Natures Way, Susan Barrett, said: “We are sorry for the loss of Bradley Watts. It was a tragic accident which we are incredibly sorry about. We have cooperate fully with everybody to try and establish how it happened but unfortunately it was just a tragic accident.”
The hearing into Bradley Watts’ death continues.