West Wittering beach has been ranked the tenth best beach in the UK for 4G signal.
New analysis of Ofcom data shows that the West Sussex beach is the place to go for strong signal this summer, along with Studland Bay in Dorset, Portstewart Strand in Northern Ireland and Porthminster Beach in Cornwall – which secured the top three spots.
Many beaches in Wales filled the top ten ‘worst areas for 4G’.
Gary Beeston, managing director of Insurance2go, said: “We know how much importance people place on their phone images, and with the summer being the perfect time to photograph your memories, we wanted to make sure visitors to the coast choose the best beaches possible.
“The research clearly highlights Wales as a bit of a black hole for 4G signal, but at least visitors will now be prepared for the ‘failed to upload’ messages during their trip!”
The top ten beaches are:
1. Studland Bay, Dorset
2. Portstewart Strand, Northern Ireland
3. Porthminster Beach, Cornwall
4. Hengistbury Head, Dorset
5. Crosby Beach, Merseyside
6. St Anne’s Beach, Lancashire
7. Cleethorpes Beach, Lincolnshire
8. Whiterocks Beach, Northern Ireland
9. Portobello, Scotland
10. West Wittering, West Sussex
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.