Police investigation after Bognor man left in coma

Mystery surrounds an incident in Bognor in which a man was left critically ill in a coma.

Thursday, 21st January 2016, 3:21 pm
Updated Thursday, 21st January 2016, 4:24 pm
Montana Wicks. Photo by Sussex Police

Montana Wicks, of Holly Court, Bognor Regis, was discovered unconscious in Kyoto Court on Monday January 11, police said.

The 21-year-old, who is also known by the name Chase Wicks, was found with serious head injuries and was rushed to Southampton Hospital where he is currently in a coma.

Police said he may have been badly injured for some time.

A spokesman for Sussex Police said officers believed Mr Wicks came by his injuries between 10pm on Sunday January 10 and 4am the next day.

Detective Sergeant Alan Fenn, of Chichester CID, said: “The circumstances of how Montana may have suffered his injuries remain unexplained. There is a possibility that the injuries may be the result of a fall but at this stage it cannot be ruled out that he may have the been subject of an assault.

“We need people who possibly saw him that night to come forward with any information they may have.

“In particular we would like to hear from friends or associates who may know something about his movements that could help us establish exactly what happened.”

Anyone able to assist is asked to email [email protected] or phone 101, quoting serial 79 of 11/01.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bognor.co.uk/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/BognorRegisObserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BogObserver

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bognor Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.