Three people treated after fire at Chichester building

Three people escaped from a burning derelict building in Chichester.

Fire crews were called to the building at Winden Avenue on Friday (December 30) after a fire broke out on the ground floor.

Two men, believed to be squatting at the building, were treated for smoke inhalation when emergency services arrived. A woman had also managed to escape from the building.

Firefighters from Chichester and Bognor Regis used breathing apparatus and spent half an hour tackling the fire.

West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was accidental.