UPDATE: Murder suspect '˜in hospital' after surrendering to police
Police have released more details of the arrest of the man suspected of a West Sussex murder.
According to Sussex Police, the man suspected of the murder, which took place in Osmonde Close, Worthing, surrendered to police in Lancashire in the early hours of this morning.
The 51-year-old man, from Worthing, walked into a police station in Fleetwood just a few minutes after midnight and told officers that he was wanted by Sussex Police. It is understood by police that he had been staying at a hotel in the area.
He has been arrested on suspicion of murder, but is currently in hospital, police said.
They also said he is under police guard and he will be returned to Sussex for questioning when he is released.
Police added that a post mortem conducted on Thursday evening showed that the murder victim suffered multiple stab wounds.
Sussex Police has also identified the murder victim. Read the family’s tribute here.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.worthingherald.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Worthing.news
3) Follow us on Twitter @Worthing_Herald
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Worthing Herald - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.