A tractor pulling a trailer carrying hundreds of boxes of sweetcorn, ploughed into a house and ruptured a gas main.
The incident happened on the B2145 in Hunston, near Chichester, just before 12.45pm this afternoon (Sunday, September 6).
The area was cordoned off and emergency services and gas engineers from SGN raced to the scene.
A spokesperson from SGN said: “We were called out to an address in Hunston, near Chichester today (Sunday) at 12.52pm following a reported gas escape as a result of third party damage to a service pipe.
“Our engineer arrived on site at 13.28pm and made the situation safe by isolating the gas supply.
“The road was closed by the emergency services.”
No one is believed to have been injured in the incident.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.chichester.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ChichesterObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @Chiobserver
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Chichester Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.