WATCH Emotional film shows how cricket is helping everyone get Together Through This Test... Sussex play their part
Sussex Cricket has joined the campaign to celebrate more than 200 cricket initiatives across the game in support of the nation during Covid-19
Nationally the campaign features an emotional short film, narrated by cricket fan Stephen Fry, pays tribute to the response of the cricket family to the pandemic and thanks fans for their patience
And the ECB has created an online hub bringing together resources to support the game and the nation
Sussex Cricket’s initiatives include:
* Running Sporting Memories sessions via Zoom with volunteers making regular phone calls to participants in need of a chat or some company
* Staff learning new skills such as Community Coaches learning Hindi so they can better communicate with Street Cricket participants
* Sussex Cricket launch Children's Activity Book for teachers, coaches, carers and children at home to help keep children active, engaged and entertained
* The Sussex Cricket Foundation running club webinars for affiliated clubs in Sussex each week, with over 100 participants each time
* Support for over 50 clubs across Sussex in securing in excess of £350k from the government and Sport England
* Sussex Cricket Foundation supporting the inaugural Specsavers Virtual Sussex Schools Games
* A 'Sussex Trumps' game for those to enjoy whilst stuck at home to help pass the time
* Old matches being shown on YouTube for supporters to re-live and enjoy whilst at home
* A Pathway programme migrated to various virtual platforms including Zoom for Strength and Conditioning sessions, a Pathway app for tracking of training session performance within their own home, and Zoom webinars with former Sussex players to help continue the development of the next generation of Sussex heroes
* Wicket and Innings World Cup's on Social Media for supporters to vote for and crown a winner of each
* Sussex Cricket holding virtual Members’ Forums via Zoom to address concerns and continue providing updates
A statement said: "Sussex Cricket is proud to be a part of the nationwide ‘Together Through This Test’ campaign, which has been launched to shine a light on how the cricket family has reached out to local communities during COVID-19.
"The campaign will highlight some of the unsung heroes from across the professional and recreational game, as well as providing updates on, and launching new, cricket-led initiatives that the general public can get involved in to help support their local community.
"More than 200 campaigns have already been launched across cricket in England and Wales from volunteers at local clubs embarking on long-distance charity runs to players, coaches and staff at first-class counties phoning members to check on their wellbeing.
Today’s launch of Together Through This Test marks the collective response of cricket at all levels with a powerful short film, narrated by cricket fan Stephen Fry, - see it here - that underlines the unique quality of a game where patience and digging in for the greater good is a virtue installed within all who play, watch and enjoy the sport.