Gashi is a cut above the rest for Pagham

Pagham Youth under-16s
Pagham Youth under-16s

There were wins for Pagham Youth, Felpham Colts, Regis 2000, Summerley Park Rangers, Predators and Midhurst & Easebourne in the latest youth football matches.


Pagham Youth A 2 Bognor Regis Town 1

Pagham got off to a flying start with a well-worked goal slotted home by Samed Gashi, and they scored what looked a perfectly good goal which was ruled out for offside.

This seemed to inspire Bognor and Charles Gregg slotted home for the visitors. Pagham should have regained the lead minutes later but put a penalty wide.

In the second half Gashi notched his second of the game and secure the points for Pagham, who are also looking forward to their cup final in a few weeks.

Bognor Town Youth 1 Bosham 1

Bognor, unbeaten league leaders, were the only team to have beaten Bosham this season.

They took the lead following a through-ball that split the defence and left Bosham keeper Adam Tanner having to come out and challenge for the ball, but it was slotted past him.

Bosham were better after the break and had a goal disallowed.

In the last few minutes, a Bosham corner was taken by stand-in skipper Jack Antony. Tim Callen controlled it on his chest and volleyed past the keeper.

Stu Andrews, Aaron Domblides and Tim Callen were solid at the back for Bosham.

Man of the match was Adam Tanner.

BOSHAM: Adam Tanner, Stuart Andrews, Tim Callen, Aaron Domblides, Luke Ayling, Jack Antony, Finn Rehill, James Adams, Tyler Todd, Charlie Hawes, George Egerton, Will Burch, Justin d’Agar, Adil Rahman.

Northchapel 0 Worthing United Colts 2

Chapel came off second best against third-placed Worthing, who are a good footballing side and played well to go 1-0 up. Chapel keeper Tom Merrit-Smith made fantastic saves to keep Worthing at bay. Although Northchapel improved late on in the first half, Worthing added another after the break.

Man of the match was Merrit-Smith.

NORTHCHAPEL: Merrit-Smith, Carr, Thorpe, Biggs, Bicknell, Taylor, Thornley, Groves, Clayton, Edgington, Poste, Challen, Banting.

Selsey Seals 0 Felpham Colts 1

In a game of few chances, Colts’ winning goal came from an unlikely source but had quality written all over it.

Centre-half Matthew Yates won the ball just in his own half and moved forward, evading a couple of challenges before unleashing a shot from long distance which flew into the top corner.

Colts hit the post in the first half and Brad Lambert’s powerful drive hit the bar in the second half.

The Colts defence of Yates, David Stevens, Alex Gardner, and Ben Eardley played well throughout. Another stand out player for Colts was Callum McMurchie in midfield.

FELPHAM: Calvin Negus, Alex Gardner, David Stevens, Matthew Yates, Ben Eardley, Bradley Lambert, Alex Droupin, Callum McMurchie, Peter Nicholls, Luke Miller, William Green. Subs: Ryan Jones, Lucas Cordosa.


Regis 2000 7 Felpham Colts 1

Regis found themselves a goal down after ten minutes. They then had the majority of the play for the rest of the half creating several chances. With minutes of the half left, they equalised via an own goal.

Regis came out the second half on the front foot and within the first ten minutes added three quick fire goals. Michael Charman and a double from Billy Stevens soon had the home side in control.

Charman headed his second and Dan Watson made it six. With another header, Jack Parham completed the scoring.

REGIS: Tribe, Gonzalez, Shea, Marland, Charles, Haines, Barratt, Parham, VanDriel, Charman, Stevens, Watson, Carter.

Bourne Sports 2 Pagham Youth 3

Pagham got of to a great start when Luke Vincent scored within the first couple of minutes, and it was 2-0 when Davi Guimaraes hit home.

In the second half, with a strong wind behind them Bourne started to put pressure on Pagham and got a goal back - but this seemed to spur Pagham on and Guimaraes made it 3-1 with a fine individual goal. Ryan Carter in Pagham’s goal pulled off a couple of great saves before Bourne scored again but Pagham held on to inflict on Bourne their first defeat of the season.

PAGHAM: Carter, Lane, Hurford, Gosbee, Strachan, Guimaraes, Poole, Matthews, W Richardson, Vincent, McLinden, C Richardson.


Summerley Park Rangers 15 Chichester City Youth 0

Summerley had their best win of the season against a Chichester side down to the bare XI through injuries.

The game opened with opportunities at both ends, but once Groom opened the scoring for Summerley in the tenth minute, Chichester were always struggling.

Chichester’s counter-attacks were well dealt with by Sargeant in the Summerley goal and the half-time score was 8-0.

Chichester started the second half much stronger, challenging well for the ball in the middle of the pitch. However, once Griffin-Tilley scored the first of the second half, Chichester were always on the back foot.

With only a couple of minutes to go and the score 15-0, Terry came off of the bench and chased down the keeper. Terry was left with an open goal five yards out, but the ball took a nasty bobble as he swung his left foot and he was denied his first Summerley goal.

Goals were from Mepham (5), Rafferty (4), man of the match Groom (4), Hand and Griffin-Tilley.

SUMMERLEY: Sargeant, Smith, Worsley, Farndell, Hayes, Kilhams, Millard, Rafferty, Griffin-Tilley, Groom, Mepham, Hand, Terry.

East Preston 3 Midhurst & Easebourne 2

Midhurst dominated the first half from the start but were unable to produce any goals, with shots missing the target.

East Preston scored against the run of play with ten minutes remaining in the first half.

The second half saw Sam Cain score to bring things level then Jack Mepham scored a fantastic goal to put the visitors ahead. Midhurst gave away a penalty which was missed but the home team dug deep and scored a second and got the winner with eight minutes left.

Man of the match was Will Murphy.

MIDHURST: Thompson, Ford, A Largan, Thornley, Greet, Murphy, Mepham, Warren, J Largan, Cain, Taylor, Burtoo, Field-Millard, Wakeham.


Rustington Park Yth 2 Chi City Colts 2

Colts stretched their unbeaten run to ten games and maintained their four-point lead at the top with an entertaining draw.

The hosts put the Colts under pressure and whe they won a free-kick outside the area, it was parried by keeper Humphreys and the the hosts reacted quickest to take the lead.

Chichester controlled the remainder of the half and were rewarded with two great goals, a volley from the edge of the box by Henry White and an unstoppable 20-yard drive from Jack Graham.

The hosts equalised after a lapse in concentration while, for the Colts, Jack Graham smashed the post and a goalmouth scramble saw Gilyead and Reedman go close.

CHI CITY COLTS: Humpheys, Stremes, Smyth, Reedman, Faulkner, Graham, Trinder, Gilyead, White, Shishkov, Cheeseman, Smith, Clinch.


Predators Youth 3 Highdown Saints 0

Highdown started strongly but gradually the Predators midfield asserted themselves. Predators scored from a Harvey Clarke corner turned into the top corner by Ashley Butler.

Connor McCabe was leading the backline impressively but Highdown were unlucky to find keeper Connor Fellows in top form.

Midway through the second half Alex Burford finished clinically before Jordan Smith made the game safe.

PREDATORS: Fellows, Burford, Butler, Clarke, Donner, Evans, Hanslip, Hind, McCabe, Simmonds, Smith.


Predators 3 Highdown Saints A 2

After losing 6-0 a week earlier, Predators were out to prove that was one-off.

The team spirt and determination was there for all to see as Predators dominated the early play, but Highdown were dangerous on the counter-attack.

Predators scored first, Keates finishing off a great team move down the left. A great goal-line clearence saved Highdown but just before half-time, a great save from Mitchell, the Predators keeper, was followed by a huge clearance to Blackman, who slotted past the Highdown keeper.

After the break Highdown made it 2-1 but Predators got the next goal through Yeates, who was voted man of the match.

Highdown ended with a second.

PREDATORS: Doig, Blackman, Keates, Yeates, Mitchell, Mackay, Strowger, Edwards, I Howe, J Howe, White, Remnant.


Midhurst & Easebourne 3 Lancing Rangers Select 2

Midhurst battled well in this tight league match against Lancing.

They went behind midway through the first half but equalised through a move started by Hyde and finished by Georgiou. They let in a second but came back again before half-time with a goal from Moir. Gaining in confidence, Midhurst took the game to Lancing and Georgiou put them ahead with his second.

Midhurst had to dig deep but some determined running and tackling and a missed penalty allowed them to hold on.

MIDHURST: Goodwin, Coulson, Hyde, Trewin, Georgiou, Moir, Jefferies.