THE CHELTENHAM Festival is behind us, the Grand National’s been and gone - for horse-racing fans that means the flat season is with us.
And for enthusiasts in this part of the world, it means another scintillating season of racing on the Downs at Goodwood is almost upon us.
The world-renowned racecourse opens its gates for the first time on Saturday, May 4, heralding the start of a programme of 19 race meetings which will see the best horses, jockeys and trainers in the country - and from farther afield - vie for honours on the famous, testing track.
A members’ badge at Goodwood is a cherished possession for any racing fan - and the Chichester Observer series has teamed up with Goodwood to offer readers the chance to win a pair of them.
What’s more, we and Goodwood are offering our readers the chance to become members at Goodwood without having to pay one penny of the £150 joining fee - for a limited time only.
Goodwood hosts some of the finest racing in the world and features prominently in the QIPCO British Champions Series, a showcase of the very best of British flat racing.
Highlights in the 2013 calendar include Three Friday Nights, a fusion of racing, music and dancing, and, of course, the five-day festival meeting at the end of July, Glorious Goodwood and the three-day May and August racing festivals held for the first time, with great success, in 2012.
As a member you enjoy the exclusive surroundings of the Richmond Enclosure at all 19 meetings in the 2013 season as well as free entry to other iconic racecourses and a wide range of sporting events.
You will also have access to the sumptuous surroundings of The Kennels, the exclusive Goodwood private members’ clubhouse, located at the heart of the sporting estate.
Other membership benefits include:
• The opportunity to purchase daily guest badges during the Glorious festival.
• Members’ guest days on Thursday, May 23, and Sunday, October 13.
• Social events throughout the year such as spring ball, race week ball, Christmas party, off-site visits and talks.
• Free entry to other certain events at racecourses, Sussex County Cricket Club, Hickstead, Cowdray Park Polo Club and Goodwood’s two motor sport events.
• The chance to reserve car parking.
• Exclusive use of the members’ bar at all race meetings.
• Use of the Garden Bar and the Old Paddock Club at the festival meeting.
• Reserved seating in the March Grandstand at the festival meeting.
To stand a chance of winning our pair of badges, buy this week’s paper and turn to page 102 to find out more.
Good luck - and enjoy your racing!