Two-thirds of people in Chichester fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Two-thirds of people in Chichester have received two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, figures reveal.
NHS data shows 67,322 people had received both jabs by June 13 – 67 per cent of those aged 16 and over, based on the latest population estimates from the Office for National Statistics.
Of those to have received both jabs, 64,543 were aged 30 and over – 77 per cent of the age group.
It means 2,779 people aged between 16 to 29 have received both doses.
The NHS vaccine data also reveals variation in coverage for residents who had received at least one dose between different areas across Chichester
Across Chichester, 83 per cent of those aged 16 and over have had one jab.
Areas with the highest coverage:
1) Midhurst and Cocking, with 93.5 per cent of people aged 16 and over given their first dose
2) Ifold and Wisborough Green, 91.1 per cent
3) Millland and South Harting, 90.1 per cent
Areas with the lowest coverage:
1) Central Chichester, 66.8 per cent
2) College Lane and Oaklands, 69.4 per cent
3) Tangmere, Mundham and Hunston, 76.3 per cent
Across England, 25.3 million people had received a second dose of the jab by June 13 – 56 per cent of the population aged over 16 and over.
That includes 23.8 million people aged 30 and over – 67 per cent of the age group.
In total, 34.7 million people had received at least one dose of a vaccine by the same date, covering 76 per cent of people over 16.