The perfect after-school dinner recipe - aubergine pizza
Little Cooks Co is on a mission to teach kids to love cooking and eating healthy food and to create happy family memories along the way.
It is a monthly subscription-based recipe kit that’s posted through the letterbox, direct to kids, in a neat 100 per cent recyclable box with compostable packaging. The box is packed with all the natural and healthy dry ingredients of that month’s delicious and nutritious recipe for kids to bake in the home.
All recipes are designed by a registered nutritionist and based on the latest science and research, not outdated models of calorie counting. The recipes use whole natural ingredients, no refined carbohydrates (which are a key driver of obesity), and all ingredients in the box are organic.
Little Cooks Co a delicious, healthy and fun recipe kit, for kids, delivered straight to your door from £8.33 a month. Visit www.littlecooksco.co.uk Aubergine Pizzas
Quick and easy, these healthy-pizzas are perfect after-school dinners that are rich in antioxidants and taste delicious!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
Serves: 5/6 pizza slices
1 cup of passata
Handful of spinach or basil
Punnet of cherry tomatoes
1 cup of grated cheese
Optional toppings – sweetcorn, pepper, ham, pesto
Chopping board and knife
1. Preheat the oven to 170c (180c if not fan assisted)
2. Carefully slice your aubergine into 5mm thick slices and coat in a little olive oil (use your hands or a pastry brush to do this and make sure both sides of the slices are covered in oil)
3. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes to soften
4. While they are cooking prepare your toppings. Tear/chop the spinach leaves into small pieces, slice the cherry tomatoes, grate the cheese and prepare any other toppings you fancy!
5. Once the aubergine slices have softened allow them to cool a little before handling
6. Spread a tablespoon of passata over each one, layer spinach/basil over the top, then grated cheese and finally the cherry tomatoes
7. Pop back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese has totally melted
8. Allow to cool before eating (the cherry tomatoes are very hot straight out of the oven!)
9. Serve as a snack or light dinner/lunch - they are delicious with a green salad!
A message from the Editor, Gary Shipton:
In order for us to continue to provide high quality and trusted local news, I am asking you to please purchase a copy of our newspapers.
With the coronavirus lockdown having a major impact on many of our local valued advertisers - and consequently the advertising that we receive - we are more reliant than ever on you helping us to provide you with news and information by buying a copy of our newspapers.
Our journalists are highly trained and our content is independently regulated by IPSO to some of the most rigorous standards in the world. But being your eyes and ears comes at a price. So we need your support more than ever to buy our newspapers during this crisis.
Stay safe, and best wishes.